Tipco Joint Sealer
Tipco Joint Sealer is hot-applied elastic type concrete joint sealer and is a blend of synthetic rubber asphalt, filler and chemical additive to correct or prevent crack in concrete caused by spread or shrinkage.
Its property is in accordance with the following standard:
- TIS 479-41
Applications and Recommendations
- Clean the joint ensuring it is free from dust and debris. Apply Tipco Joint Sealer to enhance adhesion.
- Heat Tipco Joint Sealer in an oil jacketed melter by controlling temperature of heat transfer oil not higher than 240°C (465°F) and the sealant not higher than 180°C (360°F).
- Continuously stir the melted material until homogeneous.
- Pour sealant into prepared concrete joints. Recommended pouring temperature should be between 140°C and 180°C (284°F to 356°F).
- Let the joint sealer cool down.
Health and Safety Precautions
- Excessive heating may cause combustion.
- While joint sealer is being heated, prevent water getting into the sealer.
- Wear proper protective clothing to protect against burning. Gloves and goggles should be used.
- In the event of fire, use carbon dioxide or dry chemical fire extinguisher. Do not use water.