Rayong Plant Project for Waste Management
6 May 2023 | Employees and executives of Rayong plant have joined forces to establish a waste bank known as the Ban Raycol expansion initiative. This expansion is an outgrowth of the Garbage for Children project, which has been operational since 2021. The primary goal of this endeavor is to raise awareness among employees and their families about the importance of source separation of waste, ultimately reducing the volume of general waste destined for landfills. Additionally, the project promotes volunteerism and encourages community involvement. At the Rayong plant, there is collaboration with the Raycol 3Rs for Kids project. Under this program, employees and their family members actively engage in segregating valuable recyclables, such as plastic bottles, glass bottles, cardboard boxes, and more. These items are then deposited at the waste bank. Bank officials meticulously weigh and document the deposited materials in individual accounts. As an incentive, employees who make deposits receive food and household items in return. The waste collected at the bank is divided into two categories: 70% of it is allocated to support Nikhom Sang Ton Eng School in Rayong Province 9, providing both lunch funds and learning materials for students. The remaining 30% is sold to local buyers to generate funds for the continued operation of the waste bank.